Several days ago Yoon Eun-hye posted on her social media page, actually on her newly created Instagram I think, a picture of her rising for the day in bed. Yes, one of those “fashionable” shots people take that make me go WTH. Dispatch wrote an article on it (they always do this, one of the easiest articles to write). Boom, there were over 524 comments and let me guess, probably all negative ones.
There were a lot of comments harping on the fact that she hasn’t apologised. I think there are a few points to be made wrt the plagiarism scandal. Firstly, I watched a couple of episodes of this variety show she was on which got her into all these trouble. The celebrities work with profession fashion designers to design the clothes. In other words, Yoon Eun-hye probably did not give much input. Secondly, plagiarism is a grey area in fashion. Similarities are very common. People are forcing her to apologise, for a supposed act that she may not have committed at all.
I really think Yoon Eun-hye is probably one of the unluckiest celebs out there, being persecuted like she’s committed some heinous crime for such a minor scandal. I am upset that she’s probably ahead for a very difficult return to K-entertainment. Because she’s one of the actors I do like who’s very consistent in picking only female-centric dramas (I’m partial to female centric dramas so I am similarly fond of female actors who don’t play second fiddles to alpha male leads).
- [+3486, -115] She’s blocked from the Chinese market so now she’s acting all friendly~ The pretense is even more annoying!
- [+2902, -84] Because she’s blocked from the Chinese market her livelihood is endangeredㅋㅋㅋ She wants to return to the domestic market but her antis are in the millions, no dramas, movies and CFs offers are coming so she’s creeping out sneakilyㅋㅋㅋ
- [+2394, -79] When she got a lot of hate because she wouldn’t go on Running Man, honestly I thought the netizens were being busy-bodies. But when she wouldn’t properly apologise for her plagiarism scandal, I thought “she really screwed up?”
- [+2222, -69] Why are all the kids who went all in on China doing this recently? Sneaking creeping back. The power of the Korean ban.
- [+2088, -64] She’s stuck as the subject of hate and is now considered unlikable by many, is a comeback really possible? Even if she did make a comeback it’ll be difficult for her popularity to reach the heights it once was at… ㅜ
Cr. Dispatch, Naver